Members <br> Only
Arlington Transition Council
The Arlington Transition Council is the first phase in a multi-year effort to systematically develop both the intellectual underpinnings and then the global engagement framework that will facilitate an active, planet-wide initiative by a very large international group of participants to develop and shape a clearly imagined new world.
This project, sponsored by The Arlington Institute, emerged from the understanding that humanity is in the midst of an extraordinary, unprecedented transformation of who we, as a species, will be and how we will live . . . and that, for the first time in history, we can:
- Understand – in significant ways – the magnitude of the transition that is upon us
- Utilize sophisticated technologies to make sense of the core dynamics of the transition
- Develop a reasonable, proactive notion of a desired future, rather than passively adapting to whatever evolves
- Design a emergent, bottom-up process for facilitating the transition to the desired future
- Engage large numbers of enlightened individuals in a global, interesting, rewarding process to develop the concepts, processes, systems and institutions that would become the platform for the evolution of the new world
This first phase is focused on working through a systematic process that will identify the small, core set of “Transitional Issues” – the most fundamental elements of the “lens” that will shape the emergence of the new world. These TI’s will be things like values, presumptions, common experiences, world view, et. al.
A small councillor group, composed of futurist John Petersen, scientist and author Gregg Braden, intuitive, researcher and author Penny Kelly, author and educator Kingsley Dennis, spiritual teacher and intuitive Pierre DuBois and futurist and entrepreneur Gary Sycalik, will surface candidate TI’s and begin to build the supporting conceptual architecture that will be the basis of a larger conversation.
The council will be rapidly expanded to include many international, discussion groups that, through an advanced web-based collaboration platform, will share ideas and concepts related to the Transitional Issues between themselves and the councillor group. Over time, the foundational issues will be refined and the interaction and the resulting worldview that will result from these new paradigmatic components will be explored.
Conferences and other face-to-face events are planned to allow the larger Council community to meet physically and work together on the further development of the animating core of a desired new world.
Participation in the supporting groups will be open to anyone who shares the objectives of the Initiative and desires to contribute to the global conversation.
Transcripts and video recordings of the Council’s deliberations will be available on The Arlington Institute’s website (arlingtoninstitute.org), to those who want to participate.